Hello! We are very excited about the new school year and we are looking forward to seeing everyone. While you are still enjoying this last month of summer, please take time to fill out both sides of these forms, and send in along with your estimated payment for September, which is due on August 15th. (I will make any adjustments for slot changes, vouchers, and/or scholarships on your next bill.) As in the past, October’s payment will be due by Sept. 15, and each month’s payment will be due in advance.
- August 15 – payment for September is due
- August 29 – first day of school
- 4 – first day of After School program
- There are still a limited amount of spaces for childcare, run by our new site supervisor Ashley Fuller, for August 29, 30, and 31. The childcare will take place in the afterschool space and go until 5:30 P.M. To sign up for these days, you must contact me to check on availability. I also ask that PRIOR to the childcare, your payment for September is paid and your paperwork is handed in. (Unfortunately, students new to the program cannot attend until Sept. 4th)
- PLEASE send in a change of clothes (no shorts or sundresses) in a labeled bag for any kindergartner. These clothes are in addition to any for the classroom teacher.
- Need tuition assistance? We participate in the state voucher system and have scholarships for qualifying families (as set by the federal lunch program criteria). In addition, we can offer assistance for special hardship cases. Ask for forms.
- “After Thoughts”, our monthly newsletter, will be posted on our bulletin board, our website, and included in the school’s Pelham Press. Copies may also be picked up at the program.
- Feel free to contact me with any questions: call or text (413) 265-3766, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Pelhamafterschool.wordpress.com
Mail checks payable to “Pelham After School” by Aug. 15, 2018 & mail to:
11 Boyden Rd.
Pelham, MA 01002
Dear Families, May 24, 2018
I want to let all of you know about a change in staffing for next year. Recently I have been thinking about my personal and professional life, and the likelihood that I will retire within the next few years. With these thoughts in mind, plus the fact that my husband is now retired and wants more flexibility in my schedule, I have decided that beginning next fall, I will gradually cut back on my hours and responsibilities at Afterschool.
For this change to happen, without adversely affecting the program, I am adding a middle management position, a Site Supervisor. In addition to performing the job of a Group Leader, the Site Supervisor will have more responsibilities. The most obvious difference will be that the Site Supervisor will be in charge of the program in my absence, and can address any concerns or issues that may arise.
I am thrilled to announce that Ashley Fuller has accepted the position of Site Supervisor, starting July 1st. I am sure that all of the returning families will give her their full support.
- June 8th: all outstanding bills are due.
- June 11 -15: Our Lemonade Stand will be open. Please drop by and make a purchase! All items are 50 ¢ and proceeds go towards a different group each day.
- June 20th : LAST DAY OF PROGRAM Have a great summer!
- Childcare reservations for August 29, 30, & 31 from 3:10 – 5:30 P.M. (for current students only) are now being accepted. *
- Sign-ups for Afterschool slots for Sept. through June are now accepted.*
*PLEASE GRAB EITHER FORM FROM LENNIE OR GET THEM ON-LINE at pelhamafterschool.wordpress.com
- Don’t forget to collect any medications or change of clothes stored at the program before the end of the school year.
The Wheel-a-Thon was a lot of fun and we had great weather. If your child participated, we would appreciate a donation of cash or food for the Survival Center by June 8th.
Changes to our Afterschool Staff:
We are saying goodbye to our spring substitute Morgan Reid. We really enjoyed having him and wish him good luck! We also will greatly miss Rachel Purinton and Jacqui Dacey. As UMass graduates, they will be moving on but we know they both have bright futures ahead of them!
I have hired one new staff for next fall, Steph Stearns. I think she will be a great addition to our staff. Also, I want to congratulate Ashley Fuller on her promotion as our first Site Supervisor (see additional letter).
May 9– early release, gap care provided
May 9 –space reservations for August 29, 30, 31 (for current students only) can now be submitted
May 10th – Tuition for June is due. This bill will reflect any unused gap care credits. If you are unsure of your balance, ask Lennie.
May 21 – 25 : Wheel-a-Thon – bring your bike, skateboard, anything with wheels, and ride around our course to support the Survival Center. Everyone is invited – no need to be in afterschool. Just bring a food or money donation to join in the fun. Helmets are strongly encouraged.
May is Graduation Month for our Afterschool Staff!
The following staff are graduating this month: Kelsey Niziolek, Kelsey Geer, Rachel Purinton, and Jacqui Dacey from UMass and Connor Girard from Amherst College. Way to go!
Last month’s answer:
Can you guess, from the afterschool staff, whose first language was American Sign Language and still uses it regularly?
Answer: Kelsey Geer
Upcoming Events in June – dates TBD
Litter box cake for the fair’s cakewalk. Who will win this interesting cake?
Lemonade Stand – save those quarters. We love paying customers!
Memory Page Party for the 6th graders. Start collecting those photos!
April 26, 2018
Dear Afterschool parents and guardians,
It may seem like the next school year is quite awhile away, yet we are already planning for it. Once again the first few days of school will be at the end of August, before Labor Day. For years I have struggled to get staff for these August days, as many of the UMass staff are not back yet.
I asked the Board if we could start the program in September, after the holiday, but they felt that the service was too necessary for many of the parents. I was able to come up with a plan that I hope will work.
We will have a childcare option for students from grades 1 – 6 for August 29, 30 and 31 (from the end of school until 5:30) on a first sign-up / first served basis. I may or may not be there. It will be run by some of the current staff that have committed to come back early. However, space may be limited depending on the number of staff that can work. This number will not be known until early summer.
There will be no cost (we never charge for the August days) but a family will have to have made their full payment (or estimated payment) for September to be eligible. Once your request is made, you will be placed on the list. I will start taking requests for the August days on May 9.
Please see the link below for the “Request for August Care” form. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
REQUEST FOR AUGUST CARE